Sunday, February 24, 2002

Yesterday was the Large Scale Service Project... that was SOOO awesome! We painted murals over grafitti and old CKI murals in Los Angeles... it was so much fun especially since so many clubs came to the event and we all got to socialize, paint, and count passing train cars together. :) Yeah, it was hot and I could feel my skin get darker and redder by the minute, but it was so worth it. :D

So after painting, eating delicious hot dogs at PINKS and a group sing-a-longs of SAY A LITTLE PRAYER and BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP... my original plan was to go home, shower and get ready for Tita Lagring's birthday dinner... but it was already 6:30, dinner was at 7, and there was no way it could all work out magically. So I just drove straight to the house and unfortunantly for me... it wasn't a dinner. It was a full blown party!! :P

Anyways, the moment I walk in, Tito Nanding is grabbing my arms and asking about my "battlewounds" while I'm trying to figures out why there is an semi-old white man with a mullet, guitar, microphone, and amp in the middle of the kitchen. Ahhhhh... another one of dad's GENIUS ideas. :) Actually, it was pretty nice having the live music. Apparently this guy sings at Nanang's convalesent home so I guess dad thought it would be fun to have him sing some oldies at the party. It was kinda like open mic night at coffee bazaar or something... but its just weird to see it in your own kitchen... or even weirder... at your typical filipino family party.

*Bombie and I had a field day of sarcastic, smartass, and comedic remarks on this*

Later on, Carlene came (with clothes for me.. yay!) accidentally walked through the singing man's song... and was wisked away by dad for a dance next to the dessert table.

Basically spent the rest of the night serving cake and coffee to the Titas and Titos in the garage playing mahjong, playing with baby Alicia, and talking with Bombie and Michelle about your crazy overbearing parents. OH the insane and horrible revelation that one day, we WILL become them. But it was a really REALLY good talk abd I was really comforted by the fact that they know and completely understand where I was coming from. Plus we haven't talked like that in a while... so it was just great. :)

No comments: