Sunday, May 26, 2002

Take me to the zoo that's got chimpanzees
Tell me on a Sunday please...

-Andrew Llyod Webber
Wow... I went to the zoo... I got to see chimpanzees... And it is a Sunday... now I just have to be told something of semi-vital importance and the song will be complete!

My day started when Carlene came home and pounced on my bed... waking me up from this pretty crazy but happy dream. ;) Got up and got ready while her and Michael made some breakfast... and then it was off to San Diego!! *yay*

The car ride was LONG... but entertaining since Michal brought his motherload book of cds so it was a sing-a-long all throughout that hour and a half or so... "one, two, three, four... come on baby say you love me five, six, seven times... " After Stevie Wonder's I Just Called to Say I Love You (which I might say is a groovy inspiring song... I was sooo close to calling up all my friends and putting up the phone to the speakers and scream.. "I DO LOVE YOU!" but nah... that would be too weird.), as well as the entire Janet Cd... we were finally there... the San Diego Zoo! But there was one obstacle for us... parking. It seemed like everyone and their mother decided to go to the zoo that day... and well it isn't like disneyland parking.. its more like the first day at school parking where you have to babysit lanes and follow people around hoping that they are leaving... well we did all that but nothing was happening... so Mom decided to make up her own spot. She's such a rebel.

The zoo was GREAT! :) Yeah, it was crowded... but it was still fun. I think the last time we had gone to the zoo was when my cousins Paul and Kristine came to visit from the Philippines back in '84... so everything was a real treat. Hmmmmm... where do I start... well we got to see tigers... monkeys, gorillas, and chimpanzees... PANDAS (yay! we saw the baby panda!! sooo cute!), deer-dog thingies, elephants, gazelles, lots and lots and lots of birds (where Carlene performed her own bird mating call that went a bit like "MICHAEL... COME HERE!"), Kangaroos, GIRAFFES, gophers.... yeah.. there were a lot of animals. It was just lots and lots of fun... not to mention lots and lots of walking... but its all good.

Carlene: I don't know about the zoo man... all the animals stink.

Tired, hungry, and convinced that we smelled like the animals... we decided to drive down to old town San Diego to get some dinner. So we finally get there (thanks jean for directions!) and we settle on this Mexican restaurant... and we order drinks. Well Nicole hasn't eaten anything the entire day and silly her orders a Margarita... and well.. Nicole gets pretty tipsy. :) Heeeey.. it wasn't only me.. it was Mom too. :P Dinner was delicious, they had some live music serenading us... the day was just perfect. Since mom was slighty intoxicated... she makes Michael drive home and I knock out in the back. :) Fun stuff...

No comments: