Friday, May 24, 2002

:) had a fun day today... basically just chilled with Carlene. It was our SISTER-SISTER DAY OF FUN!

It all started when Carlene jumped on my bed and woke me up by squeezing the life out of me... I tried to turn my head and see if I can get her with horrible morning breath.. but that didn't work. I was up and there was no way I would be able to go back to sleep. Got up.. got ready.. and we were off. Carlene needed to get her oil changed and car checked up.. so we went over to the car shop so that they can do all that good stuff. Afterwards, went to this KICK ASS thai food place in Claremont and had Thai suman which is a sweet sticky ricedessert for filipinos... Its funny... cause we weren't expecting it really... we had thought it would be like a fried rice deal thingie.. but it wasn't. OK.. that wasn't really THAT funny... but there's more. It brought back memories. Ahhhh. See... as we were growing up, my nanang would always put out a plate of suman for tatang as like an offering to him since he was dead. And she did it EVERY time she made it cause I'm guessing it was his favorite food or something. So it was pretty common to see a pile of driedup rice on an alter around the house. Anyways, althought it was common... it still freaked me out. You know how on Christmas Eve you leave out milk and cookies for Santa.. and in the morning, its gone cause Santa came? Well I was always scared that little by little the suman would dissappear and that would mean that tatang's spirit would always be luring around... eating whatever we left out for him. Its a weird thing...

Moving on...

Anyways... so afterwards, we went to the mall. :) Enough said... DAY-O-FUN complete.

No comments: