Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Carlene and I were saying the other day that we think that our older cousins probably think we're crazy. Really... they probably do. I mean, at the party, we were all up on the dancefloor being outrageously dorky (or cool as we would like to think) and I guess since we really don't see each other much it's probably just werid to see us in that light since when we were growing up we were the quiet, complacent girls who were always playing the piano.

But its the same with us.. when we see our younger cousins looking completely different. They're little people. They have PERSONALITIES. They have their own lives... its really a shock. Like one of our family friends, Stephanie was there. Last time I saw her, I think she was about 10... still a little girl. The other night... she was all dalaga and dancing with her dad on the dance floor looking bored out of her mind. Its all very amusing. Or like another family friend.. Ronald. We always made fun of him and Angel cause we think that those 2 should get promised to each other already because they would just look "cute." Not to mention it would be the greatest COSCA marriage ever and would please the families immensely... but everytime I think of Ronald.. see this short kid just hanging out and playing with the others.... but last time I saw him.. he was TALL. And had facial hair. Yeah.. I think that when you see a kid you knew grow up and have FACIAL HAIR.. its a big slap to your wrinkled and AGING face.

I guess that since I rarely see those kids... its just a real shock. Its only on occasion like at weddings and such. Back in the day.. there was always some kind of COSCA event or family party that mom and dad would drag us too. Now... going to those kinds of family parties are seldom cause I don't hear about them from my dad or keep in touch with what the happenings are. Its kinda sad....

Well thank God for those COSCA christmas parties. :) I always hear about those.

BTW... Beth got me MARY KATE AND ASHELY eyeshadow! I KNOW YOU'RE SOOO JEALOUS!! ;) hahahah... she's too cute. We were watching ZOOLANDER over there earlier tonight... :) I'm currently developing a crush on Ben Stiller. He's got that whole adorable cute dorky thing going for him... especially when he does "BLUE ICE."

There has got to be more to life than just being really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking.

Yeah... ya'll need to see that movie. Its seriously one of my favorites now.... Come on over! :) We can have a blockbuster night! ORANGE MOCHA FRAPACHINO!!

No comments: