Saturday, May 25, 2002

:) I'm soooo in love with my new cd.. hehehehe.. I'm a silly girl. I got the soundtrack to the movie "Kissing Jessica Stein" which is a movie that I have never seen but just saw the Cd for at Borders and listened to it... :) Its seriously the best female Jazz compilation cd out there... has tracks with Diana Krall, Dinah Washington, Peggy Lee, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald... all the songs are just AWESOME. All pretty and romantic songs... you know... stuff to swoon too. Like you can totally imagine slow dancing to it.. but not like regular "hand on the shoulder, hand on the waist.. side step side step" slow dance... the kind where you have both arms around the guy in this great embrace... and you can feel his cheek against yours... and you just close your eyes and sway with the music... exactly like that.

Well, today was seriously the LONGEST day... I had a wedding down in Newport Beach at the Hyatt Newporter. *really really beautiful hotel... but the ballroom had a low ceiling hence eliminating it from my list of potential hotels for weddings* :) Ok.. I'm like becoming this pro at twinkle lights and putting them in trees. I ROCK the TWINKLE LIGHTS! WATCH OUT CHRISTMAS TREE!! All thoughout the day... the phrase "hell is a tangled mess of twinkle lights" kept on going over and over in my head while I spent the WHOLE day atop of a ladder twinkle-lighting birch trees and making the band backdrop of twinkle-light and chiffon. *i think I got twinkle-light-burn on my face..." But it all came out looking pretty damn pretty if I do say so myself. The day was long... but it was still fun... my boss and her husband are totally great to work with and they're so freaking hilarious. Doug can make wookie noises... and Brandi said to me today, "Nicole... when the business gets big... I'll get YOU an assistant!" ;) They're really great and I feel so lucky to have found this job. Its hard work... but its fun! :)

No comments: