Monday, March 18, 2002

This morning... i woke up and my arm was still hurting... but i decided to go to class and maybe afterwards, go to the hospital so that someone can check it... so then i took a shower and got really scared because my left hand was now a horrible shade of blue/purple. So i called mom and left a message on my professor's voicemail and rushed over to Queens. Luckily mom was able to pull some strings over at radiology so i didnt have to wait long for an x-ray... unfortunantly we discovered a fracture on the elbow. :( soo... yup... its BROKEN!!! at least i didn't have to get a cast and avoided getting a splint by promising the doctor that i would a good, non-rambunctiuos girl... but it is in a sling. UGH. this sucks.

Mom feels really guilty though since she initally thought that it was bruised. Her co-workers were giving her a hard time too...hahahaha.. they kept on asking me if mom pushed me down the stairs or had gone too far with her beatings when i was waiting for my results in the nurses lounge... :) And when i replied that i had tripped on a staircase... they told me to stick to the "mom beats me story" cause its more interesting and not as dorky as being clumsy... nah... i love mom... she added this makeshift cushion to the sling so i wouldn't irk my neck... sucky sucky elbow...

No comments: