Sunday, March 17, 2002

in pain... ;( kinda sorta typing with one hand... so bare with me.

my day was going really well... got to clean the yard with my mom... and then we went to Brea where I got a really cute pair of shoes for convention. I had plans to meet up with Joe later in the afternoon so that we can talk about our workshop...

So on the way to Glendale... traffic was HORRIBLE. I took me an hour and a half to get there and I felt really bad because Joe's phone is non-existent... and I really don't like being late. Anyhoo.. so I finally get to the mall and I park at Nordstroms. Joe calls me from a pay phone and I'm feeling HORRIBLE... and so I'm rushing.

The parking garage has this cement staircase before you enter the store... and halfway down I lost my balance and I remember thinking... I'M SOOO GOING TO FALL.. and I did.... hard.

So there I am, on the ground, shocked, and dazed... for some reason my SHOES have flown off my feet and are off to the side... my purse is somewhere... and there are people rushing to my aid. They helped me up.. got my shoes... and asked me if I was ok and if they should call someone... I was a little bit shaken and my legs weren't broken or anything... my arm was a bit sore... and when I started walking around, my mind was fading in and out... it was weird... so I sad down for like 5 minutes and it stopped. So I figured I was alright.

Anyways, I meet up with Joe... cluthing my left arm... its aching really bad... and an hour into our "peruse the mall" night... I think I should go home...

The left arm is completely USELSS as I'm driving because everytime I tried to move.. it HURTS LIKE FUCK! SO I'm driving down the 134 contemplating if I should exit and go to the nearest hospital because what if its broken?? But then what if its just sprained or bruised... might as well come home and have mom check it and see.

Finally I'm home and I probably look like hell ran over because Carlene is looking pretty shocked. Mom looks at my arm and says.. ITS BRUISED. WHOOOO! So I take the drugs she gives me... and since we DONT have ice... I alternate between a bag of Sio-pow and cold cuts and put that on my arm. Also I find that theres a gash on my leg thats bleeding... ouch.

Anyways, so Carlene has to help me change and while helping me.. shes LAUGHING HER ASS OFF. I understand... its pretty funny if you think about it...I mean at least I wasn't more seriously hurt. *thank my lucky stars!* I attempted to sleep, but woke up around 1 cause mom wants to check up on the arm. I can't straighten it out competely and mom thinks that there might be something wrong with my elbow... So we decide that in the morning.. we're going to the ER... its just WAY too crowded now. PLEASE LET IT BE OK!! I don't know how I'll be able to write or survive considering that I'm left handed and well.. thats the one thats in pain. Hmmmmmmm......hopefully it won't be so bad in the morning....

No comments: