Sunday, April 18, 2004

"Spring is busting out all over..."

Wait a sec. What did I just quote that song? I hate that song... although I do love "Carousel"... well up until they play this song cause then Billy Bigelow gets killed in SUCH A STUPID MANNER and then it's all downhill. But the saying has been on my mind all day today because it unofficially became "SPRING CLEANING DAY!"

Yay? Wee? Oh...

Since Sonny is moving, we sort of had an exchange in which he took my computer desk since the natural wood matches his bedset and I'll be moving my computer to the office so that it can rest upon Carlene's old computer desk. Just getting the desk out made my room a whole lot "roomier" (sorry for lack of adjective there) but also extremely messy with everything out of its place. So a good majority of the day was spent dusting, vacuuming, and getting rid of old junk that I didn't need anymore. I have 3 bags of books that I'll be selling to a used bookstore (I've set some books aside for you Keri!) and even more trashbags filled of junk and old things I "don't need" anymore. (Although I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with my ODIE pez dispenser. I know I don't NEED it... but it's ODIE and do you know how long I had to dig in the pez bin to find it!?! Exactly.)

The thing is that when you're cleaning, especially when you're sorting things, you can't help but sit back with that old letter or photograph and reminince about the "good ole days." Sure, some of those people in the picture are folks you aren't friends with anymore, but hey at that moment the picture was taken, you were young and stupid and thought the whole world was just hunky dory. Then you remembered you got screwed over... and you rip the picture up. Ahhh closure. :)

Anyways, after some rearranging and cleaning, I'm now "officially" on the hunt for a perfect bedside table, rug, and vanity. Oh and a lamp/nice light fixture. Granted, I already have my snazzy NOT lamp from IKEA that everyone and their mama has, but I really want to graduate to something that's actually breakable so that I can act grown up and "careful" around it.

...grownup and careful. Ehhh...

Then again, something that's plastic but nice will do.

No comments: