Friday, April 02, 2004

After a night of dancing down at the Muse in Pasadena, April, Janelle, and I decided to leave around 12:30 because the place was 1) damn ghetto and 2) damn crowded. The vibe wasn't there and I really didn't enjoy getting shoved about on the dancefloor. But they had some great music though, you have to give them that. Plus I got a birthday shoutout there. Thank you midget DJ!

12:30. It still felt early. Seeing that we didn't have any money left and Janelle hadn't been before, it was off to Hollywood and The Beauty Bar for some hot "non-cover" fun. Unfortunately, it was uptight bouncer night and we weren't on the list. DAMMIT! Luckily, Starshoes was a hop skip and a jump away.

Ah Starshoes... you can't help but feel "cool" everytime you go there. Really. Its a great little shoestore... (with hot "non-cover" fun as well!)

The moment we step foot into the bar, I felt like I was just transported to a old James Bond flick. Apparently Thursday nights is "Live Wire", which basically was a mod/60's/psychedelic pussycat sort of feel. It was freakin awesome! Rock blasted out of the speakers and dancing skills were not needed. Just bounce, step & clap, twist, and "feel" the music. Short skirts, nerdy guys in glasses and skinny ties with suits... oh yeah. It was a real experience. PLUS it wasn't crowded. It was just riiight and we were able to party till closing.

~*~
On the way home, Janelle asked me "What kind of guy are you looking for?"

"Perfect."

"Describe perfect"

Well, other than "tall, straight, and nice" I really couldn't think of an answer. I don't think I'm looking. And maybe if I type that enough times, I'll actually believe it. If I were to name an "ideal"... I still wouldn't be able to. Call it a fear of not actually being able to find him and settling for the "tall, straight asshole" but I don't want to think about that. I don't want to dwell on "finding someone." I want to do whatever I want and have fun without the stress of "HIM". I am woman. Roar. SO yeah, I guess the previous statement does have some truth to it.

Oooo ROCK ON!! I just found a dollar in my bra!

No comments: