Saturday, April 10, 2004

"Hey!"
"Hi! What's up?"
"Nothing much... just chillin."
"Oh cool! So this is a 'just because' call?"
"um... no."


How funny. Petey called from Hawaii today... and I had Hawaiian food for lunch! WHAT ARE THE ODDS! I shall be waiting eagerly next to the mailbox for my "Greeting from Waikiki Beach" postcard. Postcards rock. I wonder if it will smell like ocean? Hmmmm...

Anyways, today turned out to be a "Mom and Nicole DAY O' ERRANDS." And as dull as that sounds, it wasn't all too bad because we all know that shopping with your parents means they buy things for you. In my case, it was new contacts, a full tank of gas, and my sweet fobby cravings from the Filipino grocery. "OoOo, I haven't had lychee gel in a LONG TIME!" and with that, she'd find it and plop it in the cart. Actually, it's pretty weird to have her "give in" to my sister's and my wants seeing that when we were younger, we were constantly told NO and seriously didn't step into a TOYS R US until we became of driving age and was able to get there on our own. (And let me tell you, I went buck wild my first time.) Toys were kept on the high shelf in the closet and we were allowed to play with them ONE AT A TIME. So no No intermingling of the dolls with the plush. It was Barbie (2 since Carlene had one too) and then when finished, we'd tell mom, who would put the Barbie back and take down the Pound Puppy (again 2 because Carlene was a biter.)

And then we'd make the Pound Puppies pretend to have sex.

But that's for another blog.

No comments: