Monday, April 26, 2004



Ahhh... the perks of being a passholder. :) Today was DAY 1 of the passholder's preview of the newest Disney extravaganza... TWILIGHT ZONE TOWER OF TERROR which actually opens May 5th over at Disney California Adventures.. Its not everyday you get special access to new goodies... so of course, I decided to play hookey *gasp* and went to Disneyland instead.


My Disney partners in crime... Jean and Mondo


Let me just say that I was a nervous wreck before getting onto the ride. This *technically* was my first big DROP ride, so I was darn right scared that I might die or throw up or something. I'm much too literal when it comes to giant warning signs because they wouldn't put them up of there was a good reason to right? So although I'm not pregnant (I KNOW THAT FOR SURE!)... but WHAT IF I had some unknown heart condition that this ride can trigger? Scary stuff...

Anyways, in typical FOB fashion, Jean and I went crazy with our cameras while in line. It's a new ride, therefore brand new eye candy to entertain me while waiting. It's amazing how much detail they put into everything... even the interior design of the room in art deco was gorgeous. :)




I tried getting more pictures while in the *undergrounds* of the hotel, but a very sinister bellhop told me that cameras were prohibited.

The ride itself was TERRIFYING and at the same time abso-f*ckin-loutly AWESOME! I had sandwiched myself in between Mondo and Jean... and once we started dropping, my arms immediently locked into theirs. My voice was definitely hoarse afterwards from all the screaming... but it was KICK ASS!! :)

And to think we only waited about 30 minutes for it. When it opens next week, I imagine lines getting to be 2 hours or so for it. MUAHAHAHAH! YAY FOR PASSHOLDERS!



Afterwards, we trekked to the Disneyland to watch the "Snow White" show... which really was adorable. Snow White really wasn't one of my favorites growing up... but this definitely changed my mind about it. Plus Prince Charming was quite the attractive hottie who could sing. :)

OH! Speaking of singers... while walking out of the theater, I overheard the dude behind me pointing out former American Idol contestant AMY ADAMS! Well, we weren't sure at first because the girl he was talking about didn't have the pink hair we remembered her having before... but after looking really hard it really did turn out to be her! Mondo decided that he WANTED to have a picture with her... so here it is.



Me: Did you tell her you voted for her?
Mondo: I didn't vote for her.

OH the horror.


After Snow White, I had all those little songs in my head... I was also feeling quite "wishy washy" because really, all girls dream that someday their prince will come for them.

Then while walking next to the castle, I learned that maybe if I hung out by the men's bathroom, then my chances of meeting MY prince were pretty darn good....


Har. Har. Har. :P


What a nice day... Oh Disney, how I love you so. :)

No comments: