Wednesday, April 07, 2004

let's take a gander at some of NICOLE'S "THINGS I WANT TO DO" LIST:
- take pictures with that troll that's under the bridge in Washington State
- drink Sangria in Spain
- go to Medieval Times
- be deliciously bad, go up to a guy and...

Hold on a sec...

YES! I went to Medieval Times for the VERY FIRST TIME today! It was SO MUCH FUN! Let me say that again really because... IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!

The whole plan started the night before on the phone with Laura.

Me: What are you doing tomorrow?
Laura: Nothing. Wanna go to MEDIEVAL TIMES?
Me: SURE!

Seeing that I had never been there before, I was giddy with excitement the entire day. All I knew was that I was finally going to get one of those nifty "Medieval Times" crowns. That itself was a reason to celebrate.

"Can we take a picture with you? You look like a real wench."
"I don't work here."


Once we got there, the matinee show was still in progress, so we went to the bar for some drinkie drinkie. I chose to get a modest red cup while Laura decided to go all in and get the motherload of all chalices filled to the brim. Good gracious. But what a beauty that cup was.








Dinner consisted of *dragon* soup, half a chicken (That was the juiciest chicken I've ever had. Period.) with *dragon* seasoning, *dragon* rib that tasted a lot like pork and what I'm assuming was a *dragon* baked potato. Our server Bartal was very specific about how fresh the dragon was. Amazing... dragons are amazing.

Our knight was the black and white knight, so of course, our section was the BEST. No really, it was. We were chanting BLACK AND WHITE over and over and waving our little flags while there wasn't as much action going on with the other colors. I felt like cheering "WE GOT SPIRIT YES WE DO WE GOT SPIRIT HOW BOUT YOU!?" but I doubt anyone would go for that. So instead I chanted and cheered with my people and screamed "FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" to the other knights.

Fella next to us screaming at a henchman: YOU SUCK!
henchman: Yeah yeah...

Guess they hear it a lot?

Eye candy all around. The horses were gorgeous and who knew long hair, chainmail (HA!), and swords could be soooo sexy. ;P Oh my gosh the fighting was insane. Yeah, I know it's all choreographed and "safe", but still. There where literally sparks flying off of swords, wood flying about from exploding lances, and the sounds of the weapons just clainging against each other definitely made me sit up straighter. I was screaming and cringing as if I was watching a real REAL fight.

In the end, our knight kicked some ass and won the Tournament. And the peasants celebrated. :)

Afterwards, there was some dancing at the Knight Club (I kid you not) where the knights, in full costume hung out by the bar while Destiny's Child's "Bootylicious" played in the background. Very surreal. Even more surreal was when Laura and I were talking in the parking lot and saw the employees leaving. Apparently our black and white knight drives a Saturn. Hmmm... he doesn't seem as exciting anymore huh. Nonetheless...

Oh I wanna go back I wanna go back I wanna go back!! Can we can we can we? :)

No comments: