Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Sarah told me today that she had spotted a Black Widow somewhere in the shop about 5 minutes before I got in. Luckily Doug killed it before it could mutate into a monster and stick its fangs into me. But then I got to thinking that if there was ONE... then it might have some poisonious homies lurking behind a box or two. Basically... I was scared.

Its stupid. I'm sure there are dangerous spiders and tigers and bears outside all the time and I'm not scared. I can shove my hand into a bush and look for the "perfect" leaf and I don't even care. But now that theres a damn spider in MY territory, I'm freaking out. A light touch on my skin and I automatically jump only to find that its a piece of string.

I saw a stick on the floor... and thought it was a lizard.

Hey. If a spider can get in a lizard can too. And although I don't think lizards bite... they still crawl. Not to mention, they LOOK creepy.

Anyways...

Don't you just hate it when go out for a quick errand or whatnot wearing and looking like whatever because you're too tired to actually put on a nice tshirt, so you put on your holey work sweatshirt that still has paint marks on it. Lets say that you haphazardly threw your hair up in an ponytail a top of your head AND you also have your big 8th grade glasses cause your contacts were bugging you. Makeup? Forget it. And say you go to... Target and while you're there, you end up running into a gaggle of people that you know... and there you are... looking like CRAP. Not just "oh I stepped out of the house" crap... but "OH DAMN WHAT HAPPENED TO HER" CRAP.

Oh wells.

But I do adore Target for having some kick ass cute light fixtures and mirrors at reasonable prices. I HEART YOU TARGET!

No comments: