Sunday, April 11, 2004

Last night:
Fyrestarta: how is your return to aim?
spaznik: hahahah my fingers are tying at record speed...
spaznik: and my face is all hot... i don't know if that's the glow of the monitor... or i'm getting a fever.

Well it turned out that I actually did have a fever last night and I was shivering like crazy until 3am. Fortunantly, I wasn't so sick the next morning... but I did miss out on Church due the horrid cramps that had me in a fetal position until the guests arrived for lunch.

Jean arrived first, followed by my Tita Normie, Uncle Wilson, Adrien and Joseph. LOTS OF FOOD. TONS! We actually have a whole lot of leftovers... so if you're hungry... COME ON OVER! Lots of Filipino dishes that go perfectly with bananas. After lunch, just as we were starting a game of CRANIUM, it was the EASTER EGG HUNT!

I think the last time I actually participated in an Easter egg hunt, I probably had no control over what I was wearing and dutifully wore the frilly white dress with matching hat, socks, shoes and purse that my mom laid out. This year, my mom decided to recapture the Spring days of our youth and prepared an egg hunt for the "kids"... with eggs filled with chocolate and money. (OoOoooO!) Anyways, we were all banished to the livingroom while the adults hid the eggs... AND WE WERE OFF.

There's nothing more frustrating that hearing "FOUND ONE!" over and over again while you're bag stays empty. Well, that was until I found my first egg under a bush. My mom and aunt stayed close by and laughed at all the desperate antics... keeping tally of all the eggs that had been found and driving us batty with their "HOT" and "COLD" directions. But it was so much fun! Sure I got all freaked out cause I found a lizard guarding an egg... but once I screamed bloody murder, it went away and that egg was MINE!

The egg total for me was 8... with $7.25 in egg treasure. OH and whole lot of those caramel kisses. :)

Anyways, Sonny and Jean kicked the team of Nicole and Adrien in Cranium, while Carlene and Joseph where content to be in the top 3.

"You have to spelll the word backwards. 'Baroque'"
"E-K-O-R-B"


After the boys left, I went upstairs to change... and I started shivering again. Actually this time I was worse than the night before because I was shaking so hard that I couldn't control it and I was having the hardest time breathing. Thankfully Jean stayed a bit and was totally babying me... rubbing my back, checking my temperature, getting me water... what a GREAT FRIEND she is. THANKS JEAN! :)

Passed out a bit and when I woke up, shivers were gone I was hot and sweaty in a very non sexy way. Argh. I really do hate being sick.

Anyways, hope everyone had a nice little Easter. Despite being ill and crampy today, it was probably the best I've had in a loooong time. :)

No comments: