Sunday, April 04, 2004

Friday night I got stood up. Bastard.

Nothing romantic though. It was only Joe.

Dead to me Joe. Dead to me!

Just kidding. :) I heart Joe. He probably just forgot about me... its a pretty typical occurrence in our friendship, which really isn't AS bad as it seems. We're both pretty forgetful. We'll make "plans" a week or so in advance and without confirmation, things aren't set in stone. He sometimes remembers things that I don't remember. And at least he remembers to call me at least once a week to make sure I'm alive and for some on the road entertainment.

Anyways, it was probably for the better since he wanted to watch THE PRINCE AND ME. It isn't receiving the greatest of critical praise... and I'm not really sure about seeing Julia Stiles play a "romantic comedy." She seems too serious. Even when she was in 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU" she played the straight (wo)man. Not to mention, I'm having some grammatical issues with the title. Shouldn't it be THE PRINCE AND I? Granted, I know the original is correct, but it sounds better with the "I". Well, at least to me it does.

OH!! If you're ever at my house, ask my mom about the "ocho" dance. Apparently she's been holding out on the basic "Filipino booty bounce" that was years ahead of Beyonce's. Carlene, Sonny, and I (note: not Carlene, Sonny, and me) watched a Filipino movie that had kids dancing it and once we started singing the song around the house, my mom busted out with the move while in a doorway. Gracious. I want to take my Mom clubbing now. She'd tear the dancefloor up and would have to beat away those freaky thrusting denim cocks down with a stick....

On second thought... eww.

No comments: