Wednesday, April 28, 2004

I'm living on the WILD side.

Serious! I went on Tower of Terror for the final passholder preview today.

Actually, that's not really wild. Its more like... sad. :P

"Wait a sec you whore!" You say... "Didn't you go already?"

I know I know... but Laura couldn't make it on Monday and so she scheduled a reservation for today. So we met up for lunch and then it was off to Disney California for the ride!

Anyways, this time we made friends again with those in line with us. (I say "again" because on Monday, Jean made *buddy buddy* with the firefighter from Torrace a row over from us. ;)) Behind Laura and myself were a couple of guys (one who actually looked like a 'skinnier' Tom Cruise) having the TIME OF THEIR LIFE with a pair of self-inflating whoopee cousins. While hiding it in their shirts, whenever people would pass by, they would, excuse the term, 'let em rip' and would cause us to giggle because really, no one is TOO old for some tacky bathroom humor. (well unless you're totally MATURE and waaay better than that... and in that case. "Ooo.")

This time around though, I KNEW. I knew what was going to happen. I knew what the ride was. I knew it was completely safe and that I wasn't going to die a freakish death on it.

Funny thing... the moment I sat down on the ride, my palms started to sweat and it didn't matter anymore that I "knew". I was still nervous and terrified of what was going to happen.

"Who kept on screaming 'MAKE IT STOP'?" asked Tom Cruise wannabe with whoopee cusion.

Um.. me.

It was Laura who screamed "SHUT UP" over and over again in response to my "MAKE IT STOP"

At one point, the little boy in front of me turned around... and stared while I screamed my head off. It was captured on the souvenir photo. There he was, head turned and cool as ice and I... well wasn't. But it was a *good* wasn't. :)

Anyways, we were finished with the ride within 20 minutes (well after waiting an hour for our reservation time), which was absolutely perfect since we both had classes in the afternoon. I was a bit late for mine, but didn't really miss anything crucial and well worth the Disney *quickie*

No comments: