Tuesday, April 01, 2003

You know that Old Navy commerical where they're playing the Dating Game... and the guy asks the bachelorettes to tell him what they are wearing in their sexiest voice? So bachelorette #2 replies that she's wearing "Old Navy Low Rise Bootcut Jeans," except that her voice is soooo NOT sexy at all. Its actually unattractive and pretty disturbing to hear her speak this way. Does she need a glass of water? Is she a smoker? Maybe her low rise jeans are on way too tight? I have no idea... but whenever I see an Old Navy sign, that voice will come into my head and I am turned off by the products, because now she isn't saying "Old Navy Low Rise Bootcut Jeans" anymore, her scary orgasmic robot voice has ventured from the jean territory and says "Old Navy Women's 3/4-Sleeved Linen Shirts" and "Flip Flops," in addition to any Old Navy product that come into mind. Frightening.

Its almost as bad as that time during that one finals week when I got that one Missy Elliot song stuck in my head. Which one? I really can't remember... but then again, what Missy Elliot song hasn't had some kind of hypnotic, overplayed beat that you can't get out of your mind? Exactly.

No comments: