Sunday, April 06, 2003

Just got back from Manolo and Eileen's... :) It was a really good wedding. Loooong reception... and it was pretty big (I think the estimate was 300+ people), but it was REALLY nice and suprisingly it was very intimate. (I got teary eyed at some parts because there was just so much love... you know how it is.)

Weirdest thing happened... since we arrived at the hotel late, we walked in during the procession bridal party... and so when one of the bridesmaids name is called, Carlene totally recognizes it as one of the girls she graduated Lucy's with. AND THEN... Another bridesmaid is called... and its Janelle's sister! So then, I was thinking to myself, "Wow.. what a coincidence.. maybe Janelle is here!"... thats when they called out the bride's grandfather, who was being escourted by Janelle!! Wow.. talk about random! Anyways, so after settling in with my own family on the grooms side, I went across the dancefloor over to the bride's side and said "HI." Janelle's response? "Oh my gosh! Did you DECORATE!??!" Um... nope. ;) Turns out that she's Eileen's first cousin... small world huh!!

Anyways, over at *Mahi Mahi* (they named all the tables after fishes since they're both fishers...), I got to know Marissa, Jr's girlfriend, a bit better... and learned that Bombie and Michelle are going to have another baby! :) YAAAY!!! Also learned that a good majority of the table supports RUBEN in American Idol, thinks that Clay is best suited for Broadway... and damn, that was some good champagne!!

All my older cousins are pretty much married and have kids... Oh my gosh, there were so many kids.... and babies that I last saw ages ago are no longer babies. Freaky. It's getting to the point that after a couple of the "older" cousins get hitched.... its gonna be my generation. Eek! At one point, Jr and I looked at each other and asked, "Who's next?" No one. We're still too freakin young...

I didn't catch the bouquet. I'm actually sad for it, suprisingly. The DJ announced that whoever caught the bouquet would recieve Angel vs A's tickets for April 11th. Since I've never gone to a live sporting event in my life AND Tim Salmon is damn HOTT... I wanted that bouquet, along with *guarantee* of a husband that came with it. But, it wasn't meant to be. It went to the left... to where Carlene stood. No.. she didn't catch it, but she had her hand on the gold for a smidgen of a second. The chick who did catch it was ALREADY engaged and went out onto the dancefloor only after the tickets were announced. Is it me or is that unfair... I mean she was LATE... and she already has that guarantee. She even had a date set!! Why not share the hope with another female who's desperately believes that this bouquet could be her key to marital bliss? That chick isn't me of course... I'm just thinking about everyone else!!

Ok. Now I really have to organize the cousin's dinner for sure. It looks like its gonna be the end of April sometime... and we're gonna get Thai food. Okok... now we need to get that date and time, and we'll be set. Oh yeah...

No comments: