Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Hello?"
"Hi Ate! Its me Jen."
"Hi Jen! Whats up?
"Who got kicked off 'American Idol?'"
"Um, I didn't watch it, but Carlene told me that Kimberly got kicked off."
"Kimberly? Which one?"
"The white Kimberly."
"Oh. Ok. Thanks Ate! Bye!"

Once in a blue moon, my dear cousin Jen will call me. I guess tonight was a real emergency. ;)

Anyways, during a break today, I went to Toys R Us to find some "goodies" to put into Easter baskets for the babies this weekend. I didn't find any (in my price range) so I left. But while I was there, I witnessed a grown man, probably in his late 30's, without children nearby, playing Celine Dion's MY HEART WILL GO ON on one of the kiddie keyboard. He was actually pretty good... he started off slow, made sure he had the right keys, etc... and then he was really going at it. Tickling the ivorys, you would say, with such passion that you almost forgot that he was in a Toys R Us, playing the "Titanic" themesong on a kiddie keyboard. But then, he added some funky cha cha beat backround... and "awe" died. He was just another creepy guy at the kiddie keyboard.

No comments: