Sunday, April 13, 2003

Sunday weddings. They're rare... but they happen.

Apparently my boss has added "chair covers" onto our decorating menu.

Before: We'd have another business specializing in chair covers take care of it. We make no profit.

Now: Nicole is utilizing her back, knees, legs, and neck putting on 200 chair covers and tieing 200 organza sashs into that damn perfect bow*. We make profit. Only now, I sing that "My neck my back" song in a cheesy manner to mock the pain that aches those areas...

The future: Chair covers are here to stay. Need to buy some kneepads and find a number for a cheap masseuse. Or maybe just figure out a way to go to the mall and steal a few minutes in the uber comfort shiatsu massage chair at Brookstone. *ahhh* The one that just grooves into your back... *ahhh*

The wedding planner had a voice that could make you go into a siezure.
"If I go down, pull my tongue out."
~Brandi


But in the end, everything was beautiful... as always. My pain and low pay is your happiness. Congrats. Have a nice life together. I'll be back at midnight to take back the chaircovers.

No really. I'll be back at midnight.

Sorry for the slightly bitter blog. Its that time of the month and I'm waiting for the sweet release of the drugs to kick in.

Anyways, this weekend was pretty eventful. Eventful good. :) Friday night, had dinner with Carrie and then SAA'ed over at Woodland Hills for the KIWIN'S (yay) convention. For a while, we were ogranizing the swarm of high schoolers into the elevators and from 12ish to 2am, we "patroled" the 11th floor of the hotel. Seeing that our floor was relatively quiet, Carrie and I played MASH. I'm going to marry Ron Weasley and we're gonna drive a flying carpet. *swoon*

2am-4am instead of opting to go home then, chilled in the lobby of the hotel with Petey and Mondo. 4am, realized that we were tired, went over to Carrie's to get some "sleep." Only thing though is that while working on Carrie's computer, Petey got into Carrie's roomies bed and slept there, instead of his nice comfy sleeping bag that he had already set on the floor. And since he was already in deep slumber by the time I was finished, and since there was only an hour until my alarm was to go off... I figured that he could just sleep there. Plus I don't like waking people up if they had already showed some signs earier that they were sleepy. Petey was already nodding off while at the hotel... so yeah. Also, I probably wouldn't have gotten any sleep anyways since Carrie's roomie's bed is as hard as WOOD. I did get to watch some cute episodes of Dexter's Laboratory and Powerpuff girls while attempting to catch a nap on Petey's sleeping bag. :)

Saturday, it was STC. :) It went off really well. Carrie and I had 2 workshops- VP's and TEAM BUILDING. The VP workshop was ok. The TEAM BUILDING one kicked ass. :) We had some great activites in there which prompted some good discussions which resulted in many effective lessons learned. YAY! I also got to watch Patrick and Hanan become "Mr and Miss CKI" in Helen and Pic's workshop. That was really cute. :)

Afterwards, lack of sleep definitely hits me. I head home. No watching *ha ha* THE CORE with Ryan. No part 2 of SAA-ing fun (the remix) for me. Nope. I'm smart and decide to go home, sit in traffic for an hour, and attempt to STAY AWAKE. That was painful. But I made it home alive to my own bed. *ahh* I knocked out the moment my head hit the pillow. Ahh. Sweet glorious sleep. :)

Lesson learned this weekend? Screw the other guy... kick him off the bed. You need your rest too. OH. And to tie the perfect bow, you go over under, and then under over. Then your bow won't be crooked. Repeat 199 times. Pain is for sissys.

No comments: