Tuesday, April 08, 2003

The wheel is turning... but my hamster is dead.

Today, I went on this rampage all over Chino Hills trying to get the new "Harry Potter and the Chaimber of Secrets" on DVD. First stop was Walmart where I couldn't find any of them so I figured that they were sold out. I asked one of the workers there if they had any "Harry Potter DVDs" left, and she said they only had videos. Since DVD ownership is on the rise and not a lot of people buy videos anymore... to me, it all made sense.

Then, it was off to Target, where they didn't have it either. I made one of the employees go to the back and LOOK for me... but alas, they were out of them too. Weird! "Damn," I though, "everyone in the city has their Harry Potter DVD, except for me!!"

OK. Last stop. I figured that Borders would probably have it, it'd probably sell at regular price but at least they'd have it. Borders has everything. (I take that back now though... they didn't have one magazine I wanted. Die Borders... DIE!!) So I walk in... OH LOOK! A HARRY POTTER DVD POSTER!! THEY HAVE IT. I was getting giddy... that was until I got to the DVD section. They had this giant Harry Potter DVD display... but it was completely empty. Freaking A! What gives!! Why is everyone out of this damn DVD!! I go up to the display to take a closer look... maybe theres one last dvd stuck in a crack somewhere. But nope, theres only a sign that says "COMING FRIDAY, APRIL 11."

"That's funny," I thought, "They got their dates mixed up. Today is April 11th."

"Oh wells." I just laughed at their giant misprint and decided to wait till "their" April 11th to get my dvd. Ha ha. Silly Borders.

So there I was... looking for my magazine (which wasn't there!! DIE BORDERS... DIE!!) when it hit me. Perhaps, I was the one at fault here. I checked my phone and there it was staring at me. Mocking me. Lowering its head in shame. April 8th.

Oh gosh.

*smiles* My bad.

No comments: