Wednesday, April 30, 2003

So the other day, I had this itch behind my knee... I figured that it was a bug bite because I was sitting on the floor of the library that day. But then while I was in bed, my entire right leg was just ITCHY and as I was scratching, I could feel little bumps underneath my fingers.

Anyways, so this morning, I looked at my leg and the whole back of my right leg was just red and there are little clusters of red bumps all over.

"OH MY GOSH. I HAVE SHINGLES."

No seriously, I figured with all the stress that I've been going through, shingles made sense. Plus Carlene had it a month ago... so I just decided that she had coughed or wiped some shingle virus on the couch or on my bed... and now its attacking my leg.

I was already thinking of days of school I would miss and how I would catch up with my classes.... not to mention having to tell my boss I couldn't work the 3 weddings this weekend due to my illness. I was a bit sad... but a tad bit more excited. Maybe I could have at least one sick day with nothing but the TLC marathon of A MAKEOVER STORY, A DATING STORY, A WEDDING STORY, and A BABY STORY. Whoohoo!!

The thing was, I wasn't in pain yet... I was just itchy and uncomfortable. But I was bracing myself for the pain. Waiting for "it" to attack.

But "it" never did.

Turns out I was right before. They're just bug bites.

Will someone please go vacuum the library floor? Someone else might get their hopes up too. :P

No comments: