Sunday, January 19, 2003

Slowly getting out of this "bleh-ness." Its weird... I can't explain it..

This morning, I had planned on waking up at 7:30-ish to get ready for work. What time did Nicole wake up? 8:28am. Many blasphemous words of frustration were emmitted from my mouth, as you can imagine, as I quickly washed my face, brushed my teeth, changed, and shoved my hair into a somewhat neat ponytail. (Oh flashbacks of those easy SL days...) Amazingly enough though, while driving in a manner that Joe would strongly disagree with, I arrived in Santa Ana right at 9 on the dot. Anyways, today, there was no wedding. But instead, a bridal expo. It was... um... interesting? Actually, it was a lot of fun because Brandi and I sat in our booth being insanely silly and giggly.

Brandi: Nicole, I'm glad you're here with me... or else I'd here all alone, looking overeager and desperate.... like her. *looks over at woman at entertainment booth who's by herself, looking pretty overeager and desperate.

Afterwards, came home and caught up on some sleep and then it was off to a "date with dad" with Carlene. The usual same ole same ole stuff. It was nice though... we stayed at the restaurant for 3 1/2 hours just talking and talking and well... talking.

On a completely different subject...

Last night, I saw this really adorable old couple dance on dancefloor. They had on wearing matching outfits and they were having the time of their lives just being in each others company and doing what they obviously loved to do. They jived and swinged to the fast music but when a slow croon-ing song came on, there was this certain magic just watching them dance. I figured that I want that... to have that dance partner who'll still pull you out to the floor just to be near you... even if you're old and gray. It was the sweetest thing...

No comments: