Friday, January 24, 2003

I finally recieved my "Dumbo" DVD in the mail... :) Yaaay!! Gosh, you gotta love those online bargains!

Anyways, so I was watching this late last night... Ok. So when I was younger, and had a much simpler mind, Dumbo was just about an elephant with big ears who could fly. Now I watch it and there sooo much more! Dumbo is an elephant with big ears who wakes up after a night of wild drinking, only to find himself up in a tree. How? He had a bit too much to drink, had some mad visions of pink elephants, and in his drunken stupor flew up into a tree! Of course, he doesn't remember. Good gracious, what was in that water!?! Doesn't Dumbo sound like a wild fratboy who wakes up after a keg party, and discovers that he's in bed with some girl he doesn't know? Well at least Dumbo is a cute and silly drunk, as opposed to a angry, mean drunk... cause we all know those kinds of drunks aren't any fun at all.

But poor poor Dumbo. But when you think about it, I guess its ok that Dumbo drinks. I'm not saying that becoming an alcoholic is ok... but he had a lot going for him. I mean, his mom is taken from him and put into solitary confinement, everyone makes fun of him because of his ears, the other elephants shun him, and to make it all worse... he's a clown!! The circus folks should be glad that Dumbo went and got "happy" and discovered that he could fly, rather than having Dumbo releasing all his pent-up frustrations and go on some violent crazy rage during a performance. Circus Elephants with Big Ears Gone Wild!

Its still a gosh darn great movie. Dumbo is the cutest thing! Every scene with him and his mom just makes me cry... and the whole "Baby Mine" song... I was just bawling. *Sigh* :)

No comments: