Friday, January 17, 2003

I am having the worst cramps. Argh... and I've been feeling very bleh lately... I think its the skunk thing. I was driving to work today, and every time I switched lanes or went over a bump, this ill feeling would come over me. OH... and the car stinks. :P

I've been watching my THE SOUND OF MUSIC dvd a lot lately... it makes me smile. It brings back warm fuzzy memories of just sitting around the tv with my family wether it being watching it with my parents on the bootleg version that my mom taped off of the tv... or of those parties at my Tita Lagring's with my cousins because we either watched that or "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom." (Which in my opinion is the best one out of the trilogy. ;)) When I was younger, I used to wish we had stairs so that I can crawl up them and sing "the sun has gone to bed and so must I." I wished I had 5 more siblings so that we can sing "So Long Farewell" properly... with only two of us, well... it was short. I wanted to dance and sing in the gazebo in the rain... I wanted the captain to blow his whistle at me... I wanted to be a nun and sing in the hills... I didn't want to be chased down by nazis though... but I did want to wear curtains and used to wrap myself in them whenever we were in hotels and sing "My Favorite Things."

The scene when Rolf and the Captain are in the graveyard.... and Rolf is saying "Stop... or I'll shoot." I always have a craving for a banana for some odd reason.

I think my parents had this secret wish to become like the Von Trapp family too, hence all the music and dance lessons growing up. Parties at the house would always come to focus at the piano... and once Carlene and I heard my dad start playing "My Way" or "For the Good Times", we knew it was time to run into the room and pretend to be incredibly stupid and deaf. But eventually, we would be forced to play for guests... It was especially cute when we'd do our little piano duet with 4 hands... but the show-stopper was when we had our mom come in and we'd do a 6 hand trio. OH YEAH... we were a bad-a$$ piano-playing family.

No comments: