Wednesday, February 25, 2004



This morning, just before my mom and Aunt left for their "Day at the Getty" excursion, probably inspired by the little girl at Disney who told her that her Mom let her skip school to go to DCA yesterday, my mom turned to me and said "Why don't you ditch school and come with us!" My aunt chimed in, "Come! Come!" So, of course, I went. :)

When we arrived, it wasn't raining at all so there really wasn't any worry as to getting wet or anything, but after an hour, it started drizzling. Going to the Getty in the rain wasn't so bad considering that they provide guests with umbrellas to use. Pretty exciting I thought. Since this was my Aunts first time to the Getty, she took off and explored while after reacquainting myself with some of my favorite paintings and salivating over the new William Garnett and Eugène Atget photos, Mom and I sat with our cup of cocoas and immersed ourselves in Getty education.

After the museum, we went over to Pink's for dinner, where to our suprise, there was no line! Unfortunantly though, by the time we were ready to drive home, it was traffic galore. Darn. But a nice day nonetheless.

No comments: