Sunday, February 22, 2004

Awww... his name is John! Mr Big's name is John!!

April and Janelle came over so that we can all experience the finale of SEX IN THE CITY together... as well as some experimentation with a brand new shaker and martini recipe. (Creme Brulee Martini... check!) Janelle decorated a little bundt cake in honor of the finale that everyone has been waiting for and we all got misty eyed during the last five minutes. Awww... everyone happy though. I'm gonna miss it! The clothes, the plots, the crazy conversations and most of all, the characters. They were my Sunday night dates that never stood me up. So "thank you" to the SEX for teaching me so so so much about life, love, and friendships. And since you really can't help but feel like you can related to the characters, "thanks" my own girlfriends who help me have a "life" by making it so much more exciting and of course just for being terrific, sexy friends who I can absolutely depend on. :)

*happy sigh*

This morning, I went to the "Festival of Brides" show over at the Ritz in Pasadena. At first when I started talking with vendors, I would introduce myself as a coordinator... and although they were professional and open with me, I noticed I wasn't getting their full "sell", so I moved my ring onto my left hand and proudly boasted that I was a bride to be who was just recently engaged and just looking around for some idea. Goodness, it was much easier after that... I came home with loads of cards, pamphlets, DVDs, and chocolate. Now I just gotta sort and file.... The show itself was a lot of fun and they have a LOT of goodies just being passed around. Sweets there was flowing like the chocolate fountain that was sitting in the corner. Cakes, truffles, chocolate covered strawberries... who knew that a Bridal show could be a sweet-tooth's heaven?! Anyways, on the stage, they had a band showcase their talent which included a short white guy in a tux rapping to Outkast's "I Like the Way You Move." I guess he must be really big for weddings. Imagine having your aunts and uncles making their way to the dance floor once DJ Scottie grabs the mic and raps:

"I said a hip hop the hippie the hippie
to the hip hip hop, a you don't stop
the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat "


I once went to a dinner dance where the band actually had an old guy rap to "Gansta's Paradise" (Is that Gansta's or Ganster's?) But if I remember correctly, people danced and enjoyed it. And they were my aunts and uncles... so I'm sure "Rappers Delight" wouldn't be a problem with them.

No comments: