Thursday, February 26, 2004

For Christmas, my Kris Kringle Melissa got exactly what I had wanted on my wishlist. 1) A Starbucks gift card and 2) 2 tickets to see Jane Monheit in Concert. While I have about $1.52 left on the gift card, I finally got to use the tickets tonight.

IT. WAS. FAN-F*CKING-TASTIC. :) She sang a bunch of songs from her albums and then some. Beautiful voice. Just beautiful... and exactly what she sounds like recorded. You know how sometimes you can listen to an album and they're great, but once seen live you realize that the studio has done A LOT of work on it, well this certainly wasn't the case. The band was amazing. Serious, that saxophonist was awesome. Ear candy all around. I had a huge smile on my face and goosebumps the entire time... and for that hour and a half, I was in absolute music heaven.

Since my mom was having some "post-PINKs" stomach problems, and Carlene had school, my Tita Ne was the lucky recipient of the extra ticket. I think she liked it, considering that I'm gonna have to burn her all my CDs for her. :) I didn't know that at the theater you needed to have a table reservation and all "general seating" was really standing room in back next to the bar. But the maitradee was super sweet and got us a table that was close to the stage.

:) What a great night. I just want to soak myself in the music and let it surround me in this little bubble of happiness all the time... Thanks so much Melissa for one of the bestest Christmas gifts ever. :)

No comments: