Sunday, February 22, 2004

Janelle called earlier today to see if I was interested in accompanying her to go to this art show over in LA to meet with Paolo. "Sure" I said. I didn't have any plans plus this was a good way of getting a little "culture" into my humdrum life. She also said something about dancing and drinking afterwards... so we were off to Zen Sushi near Glendale.

The show itself was from a bunch of former graffiti artist who now work in the industry but still practice their art. Seeing that a good majority were 1) Filipino and 2) from the Diamond Bar, Chino Hills, Pomona area... it was still quite surprising to see a lot of familiar faces. Seriously. (If everyone is from the area, why didn't they keep it in the area? Like at the Max Chicken or something. I dunno...) The complaint I had during the "show" was that the lighting in the room was rather dim and didn't properly showcase the art... but oh wells. They later turned off the lights anyways in order to resume the club atmosphere. I guess the art was a terrific excuse to get people to get together, drink, and dance...

I met a guy named Ken.

What a sweetie...

Too bad he's gay.

Jean and Sakura came over a bit after their dinner and we all gawked at the weird Filipino "art" that they were showing on the screen while dancing. Unfortunately, after they left, the DJ started playing some REALLY REALLY good music... (Can I just say that I really do like the new Usher song where he sing "YEAH" over and over again? Normally I despise him because of his likeness to a certain a""hole, but the song is so gosh darn catchy that all the a""hole resemblance sort of melt away. But yeah, damn thats a HOT song.) "We're leaving in 5 minutes" turned into an hour and all of a sudden it was last call. We didn't even need to implement our backup plan of going to Hollywood... or across the restaurant to the gay club. :)

Awww...Isn't the rain delicious!? Sure its dangerous as it is to be driving in it, but everything is much more brighter and colorful at night. The street just glows when it rains. I love walking in the rain* wearing contacts. Wearing glasses, you'd have to constantly wipe them down and they end up getting fogged up or wet again. Walking in the rain* is totally worth the frizzy hair. And that shall conclude my overly dramatic, wishywashy, romantic sap of a paragraph.

(*given that you're properly covered up and/or have a destination where you know there will be a heater)

No comments: