Monday, February 23, 2004

As I was driving down that one lane mountain section of the 71, listening to A Touch of Honey's "BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE", I had my little sunshade/vanity mirror down in order to fix my hair and make cutesy faces to myself to heighten my self-esteem. The music was loud, the lip gloss went on and I had my AC on to high for that JLO video hair affect. It was GOOD TIMES in the car.

When the song was over, I flipped the shade up and looked into my rearview mirror to see the guy in the car behind me give me the "OK" signal with his hand.

I laughed and I cringed. I was also flattered to know that if needed, the back of my head can put on an "OK" show for those who tailgate. I'm just grateful that he wasn't next to me because then I would really be embarrassed to look over and see him laughing his ass off. Once I was actually dancing in my car when a truck full of gardeners pulled up to mine and stared as I proceeded to give a Star Search worthy performance of Madonna's "MATERIAL GIRL". As you can imagine, they all laughed and I was horrified. I was also in traffic so I really couldn't go anywhere but sit there and suddenly become enthralled with the radio dials. Red. Buttons. Numbers. OooO.

No comments: