Sunday, February 08, 2004

It has been a long day. Since we've been on a hiatus from big weddings, it was a sluggish day of everyone trying to get back into the groove of things. I have no idea why it took me so freaking long to finish one table draping, but at least I was in the same boat as everyone else who kept on screaming "Oh my gosh, its been so long!" It's been a long week actually, with so much work just for this one wedding, but since it's for a bride that we all know, my boss's sister who also works on events, it's all worth all the effort and then some. She also had the pretty bouquet that I've ever seen. Seriously. That definitely made my list.

While buying refreshments at my local AM/PM in preparation for tonight's teardown, there was a guy in front of myself, Carlene, and Sonny, who when he turned and made eye contact with me, stared for a bit at my sister and I. Then he looked at me again and asked "Nicole?"

"Yes?"

I had no clue who this guy was.

Carlene looked at him, said "Hi" and with that, he turned and walked away. I later realized that it was a friend of a friend from high school, but was deeply disturbed that he didn't bother to continue with "Hi... Remember me?" or "Hey... Its me! Lets talk about some good times eh?". But no. He said my name and walked away. Huh? What? Don't leave me hanging! What if I never realized who you were... then I'd just be freaked that some random stranger at the AM/PM KNEW my name. Scary.

Speaking of scary, next week's 5 Valentine Weddings extravaganza will be HELL. Hell I say. Hell. I shall be living at the shop surrounded by flowers and chiffon, and as romantic as it may sound, it's far from it when you multiply all that by... oh I don't know. A lot. :)

No comments: