Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Today was finally Angel's graduation from Bonita High school... which marks the last time I'll attend a high school graduation, well until Alicia graduates in 16 years. Anyways, keeping with Concepcion tradition of being uberly obnoxious and "loving" towards our cousins, Carlene and I decided to go ALL OUT. WE MADE T-SHIRTS FOR THE FAMILY!!


... the OFFICAL BUNSOY 2003 GRADUATION SHIRT


Apparently Bonita has a NO BALLOONS, NO SIGNS, NO NOISEMAKERS, NO FUN policy, and unfortunantly Jen's big soup pot got confiscated at the gate. Even our excuse of "This is her graduation gift... she's going to culinary school" wouldn't hack it. BUT... Carlene had a stash of pans and wooden spoons (*wooden spoons are better than metal spoons... trust me) in her bag and when Jen got stopped... Carlene ran through and we still had some "fun" with us...

... and we ROCKED IT HARDCORE! When Angel first came out onto the field, it was loud... and then when she went up to get her diploma... it was just crazy. And since a good majority of the folks complied with the NO NOISEMAKERS, NO FUN policy... our cheers and pot banging seemed especially louder than normal. Poor Angel almost slipped while on stage... but luckily she didn't. But imagine how MEMORABLE it would have been if she HAD.


... Carlene and Jen with amno...



Carlene, Angel, and myself....


Afterwards, Carlene, Gerry, and myself did some shopping over at Montclair and then reunited with the clan over at Buca's for dinner. Insane and yummy. That pretty much sums it up.


The family
(more pics can be found here.)


Anyways, this is the part where I normally gush about how much I love my family... and I do. But I am especially grateful for my female cousins... Angel, Jen, Carlene and I all share this bond... and basically we're all pretty damn strong women because of it. I'm really proud of Angel for doing her thing, and I KNOW she's gonna wreck some havoc out there... so keep an eye out for her. :)

No comments: