Saturday, June 28, 2003

Its one of those busy weekends.... but definitely not in the "fun-party" sense. I'd say its more like that fun "I'm working a whole lot and so I'm making the best of it" kind of way. Doesn't that sound like "fun!?!"

It really isn't as bad as I make it seem. You probably should know by know my slight flair for the overdramatic.

Its just one of those BIG FAT INDIAN WEDDINGS. Not that I have anything against Indians, its just that they have HUGE weddings. I know Filipinos can have big fat filipino weddings too... but unless I see a filipino reach up to 700 guest, then they'll have to be content having their "big fat filipino wedding" in unbolded lower case letters.

Anyways, since it is a BIG FAT INDIAN WEDDING (over 500 guests), it feels like we've been preparing FOREVER just to get to today. I've been coming home from work smelling like hot holy hell because only fresh flowers get the luxury of staying in the air-conditioned office while higher lifeforms have to battle it out for quality fan time in the back of the shop. 25 buttonieres and 50 centerpieces had the pleaure of being created by me and I must say that I think I did a mighty fine job.

Today was just... a lot. The ballroom over at the LB Hyatt is on the THIRD floor... and there's only one service elevator so transporting all the props was quite frustrating. Then discovered that 500 chair covers and not enough gold sashes means that Nicole has to drive (in traffic) from LB to Corona and back (in traffic) for a box of new sashes, bag of some old sashes, and the steam cleaner to clean what old sashes we need. *Note: whenever using a steam cleaner, make sure the hose doesn't pinch or else pressure can build up and you can DIE! Or come close to it. Or maybe it will make a horrible loud hissing noise that will make all the Hyatt employees in the ballroom turn and look at you like you're crazy... as you start screaming because hot droplets of water had fallen onto your hand.

But all in all, everything came out GORGEOUS. (as usual) Had some fun moments rolling my eyes at the cake guy who made a 3 tiered cake (2 of which were stryrofoam covered in icing) and LEFT HIS CARDS RIGHT ON THE CAKE TABLE. (Ew. That's so tacky... really it is. I'll fight you on it.) Anyways, he had warned us that any sudden movements might cause the cake to topple... which made decorating it with freshflowers really slow and ridiciously overly cautious for STYROFOAM. Also got to work with "quite-the-looker" Brian, who I learned is quite... um... uninteresting as well as unintelligent (in the common sense sort) when he stpped on and messed up my "neat order" of damn sashes I was slaving and burning myself over. Argh. I was about to steam clean him...

Anways, right now I'm supposed to be sleeping because I need to go back at 2am to tear down and Carlene wants me to be bright eyed and bushy-tailed tomorrow morning when we do the final (big stuff) move (bye bye Long Beach!).

See... I told you "fun!" :)

No comments: