Monday, June 09, 2003

Babae112: its officially not ur bday no more
Babae112: so u can be happy again!

THANK GOD!!

So. Break down of my birthday now that I've had time to "settle."

Went to mass.

Went to lunch.

Was gonna go to Disneyland, but while on the corner of State College and Ball... I rear ended a pick up truck. Drivers Ok. Cars are dented and scratched.... my left headlight fell out but I was able to stick it back in the whole... Nicole's metal state of mind... NOT OK.

SO basically, I freaked out. A lot.

Luckily the man I hit was really friendly... No Jean, he wasn't young or cute... but he was really nice. In fact, while in my crazy, stressed, and crying state, HE was calming me down. He was really understanding and wasn't angry at all. He just kept on saying "Its ok... its ok... stuff like this happens." Good gracious... It seriously could have been worse.

Me (crying): I'm on my way to Disneyland to meet up with some friends...
Man I hit: Oh really? I'm on my way to work... at Disneyland...
Me (crying EVEN HARDER): OH NO! You're LATE!!

So... yah. I don't take situations like this very well. Actually, I don't do CAR SITUATIONS verywell at all (there was a similar break down after I locked my keys in my car at FTC how many years ago... and lets not forget the bad mourning period I had after I ran over the skunk... *sigh*) But I'm better now. Just focus on the good. Everyone is ok. I'm ok. He's ok. I just feel really bad... I mean if my back and neck is "aching just a bit"... then I imagine that the poor guy that I hit must be feeling the same or even worse. :(

The rest of the day was blah afterwards. Carrie came and stayed with me at the gas station until I was "better." (THANKS CARRE!!!) I drove home. Had to explain what happened to my mom... which prompted more crying. Talked to the father on the phone... more stress... more crying. Eyes hurting, so napped. Woke up, Carlene came home with some Thai food... a bit teary, ate dinner, went to Target (teared up when I saw poor buggy on the drive way looking "abused"), got ice cream... home. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME!

Well at least this is one birthday I'll definitely remember. yay?

I also got some calls and IMs that made me feel a whole lot better. :) THANKS GUYS FOR CARING!! *muah*

TightN10: you have to be able to laugh at this
spaznik: i am...
TightN10: you cant be felicity style
TightN10: and all woe is me
TightN10: thats dawson leery style

TightN10: you probably did the smart thing and went home
TightN10: my ass would have probably went to disneyland
TightN10: and like gotten thrown out for punching mickey

spaznik: well at least its over now. :-)
spaznik: today is a normal day.
TaIksal0t: happy unbirfday to you then
spaznik: THANK YOU!!!! :-)

No comments: