Saturday, June 14, 2003

"Hey Nicole.. its your birthday... you got into a car accident on your birthday...."

Lisa: Nicole you NEED to stop driving...
Me: No... I'm good!
Lisa: HOW many times did you fail your drivers test again?
Me: 4....

Marissa: Nicole you NEED to stop driving...
Me: But that was my first accident ever since I got my license...
Holly: How old were you when you got your it?
Me: 17
Marissa: Yeah... I'm amazed you haven't gotten into an accident sooner.
Me: Shut up.
Marissa: Remember that one night when you were driving in Hollywood and you almost killed us?

Hardcore tough lovin from the gals that know me best. :) BUt honestly, I AM a good driver. As Beth would say, "I think your car had it coming. It chose not to air condition you. That's what it gets. You should just tell the car if it doesn't behave, you'll just bump it into things more often. that'll straighten it out." I'd say I have to agree... well except I wouldn't ram my car into the back of a truck because it wouldn't aircondition me. I'd only do it if I wasn't paying attention and looking for chapstick in my purse. :)

~*~

Sometimes I feel I've got to *bump bump* run away...
I've got to *bump bump*get away...


So last night, I THOUGHT I was just gonna go out to dinner with Marissa, Holly, and Tina. HAHA. So I guess you can say that coming home at a very ungodly hour of "night" was pretty unexpected... especially when you have to work in 3 hours. Oh wells. :)

The "Bar and Grill" we went to was mostly "BAR and DANCEFLOOR." Good gracious... it was 80's night and so they had an 80's coverband... and I SWEAR, I have never seen so much "side step clap" dancing in my life. The thing with 80's music is that you really can't dance to it... now. If you're Molly Ringwald and "Jake Ryan" in SIXTEEN CANDLES, then yeah, you can dance. Granted that a good majority of the people couldn't DANCE already when we were checking out the floor from the tv screens... But if you're used to the ghetto clubs where they play booty shaking music... then yeah, you might have problem dancing. BUt then again, the band... sucked. They were wearing wigs and tight pants (I think lead singer had a sock...) but were yelling into the microphone a bit too much. Everytime they would try to harmonize, Marissa and I would give this eye bulging look to each other and then cover our ears in attempt to lessen the damage... OK. They weren't TOO bad... but then again, anything after a Long Island is better. ;) The DJ during the band's breaks was actually pretty good and did manage to play some old school "WHEN I HEAR MUSIC IT MAKES ME DANCE" jams. YAAY!!

So, the funny part about the place is that while Marissa, Tina and I were all lamenting about being *gasp* 23... we're at this bar filled with more of the "older crowd" or what I call as "YOUNG PROFESSIONALS." So in a way, we were feeling old... and yet younger at the same time. OH and instead of hearing the "what school do you to" bit, I got "so... are you here with your co-workers?"

Wow huh. I AM getting older. Kinda neat... I guess. ;)

Afterwards, Marissa wanted to go hooka... so we went off to this really neat cafe in Westwood. The atmosphere there was just AMAZINGLY friendly, the MUSIC was GREAT... and even though there wasbarely any room to dance, hip shaking was happening.

"How do you dance to this?"
"Um.. Like you're in the Britney Spear's "I'm A Slave" video?"


Didn't smoke much though... I'm too *afters-chool special* ;) haha

Anyways, I had a grand time with the girlies... :) I realized the other day that we've known each other for 9 years. (Keri... 16 years! Gosh damn!) OH LORDY. :) Actually, because of this Friendster, I've been really feeling the "Lucy Lovin" and its made me really happy. SO YAY friendster!

No comments: