Tuesday, June 03, 2003

So, a few weeks ago, I went to get my hair trimmed at the mall. What I like about having it done at the mall is that I can just walk in without having an appointment and they'll be able to do a good job. So, my hairstylist for the trim was a girl named Carrie. We chit-chatted about life, school, and of course hair. So here we are, talking, when Carrie says "have you thought about highlights?"

"Yes... I've been wanting to get them for the summer!"

"Ooooh. Do you want me to put them in now because my schedule is clear for the rest of the day..."

Knowing that I didn't have enough money for the treatment right then and there, I said that I'd go back and have them done with her.

Flashfoward to Monday. I shall dub it as "Sister/Sister" day. Carlene had been wanting to get her roots fixed and since I wanted to get my highlights, she said that she would try to make an appointment over at the Underground in LB for this girl who would do a good job at a reasonable price. Unfortuntantly, the place was closed... and since this was our only free time... we decide to meet at the mall. By the time I get there, she's in the chair and I'm waiting for the next available stylist... today its Carmen. I'm feeling pretty comfortable with her, especially since her own hair is looking pretty nice. (*note: yeah you should get your hair done by folks who have nice hair themselves. thats just common sense.) I sit at her station, and we're talking about what I'm getting... when in the corner of my eye.. I see Carrie. Thankfully, I'm not wearing my glasses, but I can feel her eyes on me. I'm sure she has plenty of customers that come in and I'm just another face in the crowd. But then, I start getting nervous. As she walks back and forth in the salon, I start thinking "Does she recognize me? Oh my gosh, does she remember that I said that I would come back to her? AM I CHEATING ON HER!?! WHY AM I FEELING GUILTY!?!"

Because I'm crazy. Thats why.

I spent most of the treatment with my head in a magazine, praying that she wouldn't come up to me and knock my foiled head to the side while screaming "IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!! WHY WASN'T IT ME!! WHATS WRONG WITH ME!? DAMN YOU GLASSES GIRL!! YOU HAVE DRY HAIR!" I think this because if I were a stylist and this were to happen to me, I'd want to do the same thing.

Anyways, got my highlights... I'm happy. I just won't be visiting that mall to get my hair done anytime soon... either that. Or I just need to get over myself. ;) Yeah. That would be easier.

No comments: