Friday, February 28, 2003

Soo... I have my monitor now. YAY!! Its very weird because its only 15 inches and doens't take up as much room as my old one. There's so much free space that I even got to put up a picture on the wall behind it. :) Its nice though... I lie. Its really really nice. Its so bright and there are COLORS!! :) Niiiiiiccceeee...

Last night, it was really bad not having the computer. I was on the phone with Carrie when my cellie died. Well, I almost freaked cause my numbers are of course, stored in my phone and that was my last link to the OUTSIDE. But I got out of that pickle with no tears. :) I made me wonder how I survived back in the day without AIM? I talked on the phone a lot... typical teenage girl stuff. I remember having long 3 way "party line" talks with Lisa, Melissa, Tam, Jo, and Maria just trying to figure out what the freak we were gonna do for "Sadies" or wear on free dress days. (Who's DJ Pizza Lunch!) Wow.. that was so long ago. and I didn't have a cell... it was all about PAGERS! Big bulky ones that looked like garage openers... the computer and chatting just make it simpler and cheaper without the long distance rates. :)

At least I stayed clear of the *G* line. HAHAHAHA

Do people still use MIRC? There were some really interesting folks on that...

Anyways, in less geeky computer news, the other day, I was at Borders doing some studying when I gave myself a little break to do some "fun mind candy" reading with a romance novel. Unfortunantly, the one I picked was really really HORRIBLE... here's a slight run down and you can judge for yourself: Boy likes girl. Girl likes boy. They go out on one date, but it doesn't work out because boy wants to leave small town after high school and girl wants to stay. Fast forward 10 years. Boy's mom is pretending she is dying so that she can have grandchildren, so boy comes back to town and flips a coin with his brother and decides that he shall be the sacraficial lamb. So, of course, he runs into girl... and of course.. they fall in love. Oh.. but wait... girl has "dad" issues which of course leads to problems with boy but its all a misunderstanding with dad and really, its mom who has the issues... girl finds out about coin toss and thinks that boy doesn't really love her... and while all this is happening.. SOMEONE is going around the town stealing the women's panties.

But of course... everyone lives happily ever after and all the panites are returned.

I really should have stopped after the first few chapters, but I couldn't put the book down it was so bad it was good...

No comments: