Wednesday, February 26, 2003

The other night, I was watching REAL SEX on HBO (don't ask...) and they had a segment on this Swingers Convention. So, I'm watching, and first of all... its pretty interesting. A lot of naked folks... and they're all types... old, young, big, small, etc.. who are all down for "sharing." (sick) Then I realize that the "convention center" and hotel they're holding it looks very much like the hotel in San Diego where we went to International 3 years ago. Actually, I'm pretty sure it was. So, at first, I'm like excited because its familiar... I know that place.. I've been there! But then, they started showing groups of folks getting it on in the hotel rooms this ill feeling came over me... EWW!! I KNOW THAT PLACE!! I'VE BEEN THERE! EWW! THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN MY HOTEL ROOM!! The segment seemed pretty old because when they were wearing clothes, the fashion seemed outdated... so then I'm calculating in my head that I highly doubt that the hotel people swabbed the place down after the "Swingers Convention"... they've probably washed the sheets, but you do think they' steamed the carpets, scrubbed the couches and chairs, or disinfected rooms where "swinging action" might have taken place? Ewww... probably not. I was telling Jean how disturbed I was by this the last night, when she pointed out that folks have sex (maybe giant freak-nasty orgies even) in hotel rooms all the time, but we just don't think about it. Actually, it really isn't something you wanna think about anyways... thats something to think about if you're gonna be in a hotel anytime soon...

No comments: