Sunday, July 28, 2002

Work today (er... yesterday) was what you probably would call "bittersweet." (Honestly, more SWEET than BITTER but you get my drift.) Drove out to La Puente to decorate a church for a wedding at 2pm. The thing with this church was that they are like a "mass" factory on Saturdays... wedding after wedding after weddings by the hour. Luckily, there was no 1pm wedding, but that meant we only had a good hour to get everything set up in its place. Anyways, we made it on time but now, the wedding was to end at 2:45... and there was a 3pm wedding afterwards. So Brandi decided that I was to stay in the area to quickly clean up after the ceremony and then drive on over to Pasadena to decorate the Hilton for the reception. No prob... and really it wasn't a problem at all. In fact, it was actually pretty cool because I just sat in the back of the chuch and stayed for the mass. The ceremony was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I really can't stress how BEAUTIFUL it was. :) The mass was said in spanish and english... and although I really didn't pay attention during Senora Guerin's spanish back in HS, I still vaguely remembered the "Sign of the Cross" and "Our Father" in spanish that she made us memorize and so I wasn't entirely lost. But I think the thing that made the whole ceremony memorable was the fact that they had a mariachi band (complete with harp) play the music during the mass... from the Wedding March to Ave Maria, the music was so festive and beautiful and it just filled the church. And the bride was crying when she said her vows and the couple just looked so happy... everything was perfect. :)

So, once the ceremony was finished and the last guest had filed out of the church, I went mad collecting all the aisle clips and bouquets and cramming all the drapery into a giant tupperware container. Lugged it to my car and headed on over to Pasadena. (now comes the somewhat "bitter" part.) When I got there, the ballroom was 90% done, so since they had ample time (2 hours) to get that last 10% finished up... she said I could go ahead and go home. I guess this is a good thing but darnit... I drove to Pasadena so that I could tell her to move part of a drape a smidgen to the right and then go home? Oh wells... at least I get paid for mileage so it isnt all so bad. Plus on the bright side, I picked up the shirts for Joe over at Chicks on the way home and Met up with Carrie, who had Eileen's filipino movies for me (THANKS SOOOO MUCH EILEEN! I'll get them back to you once I'm done drooling over Aga Mulach), got some really cute shoes at Brea and some pizza at BJs. :) Its been a good weekend so far! :)

No comments: