Friday, July 12, 2002

I just had the coolest night...

Got back from CITYWALK where they were had this free showing of WEST SIDE STORY on their jumbotron. So families would come out with their blankets and chairs and pretty much camp out on the cement and wait for the movie to start. I didn't have my family... :) But I did have Luc, Beth, Carrie, Mondo and Manny... :) Before the movie started, there was some guy from some talk radio station who was hosting and started a "I FEEL PRETTY" contest... and that was FREAKING HILARIOUS. The winner (a big black man.... whom you wouldn't think a big WEST SIDE STORY fan) actually went up on the stage as the I FEEL PRETTY number came up on the movie and (I'm serious) was basically the mirror image of Natalie Wood... he knew every little move as to when she put her hands on her head to every little kick that she kicked... the facial actions... its was PRICELESS. :) It was great because people were singing along to the songs and saying the lines and were just impressing the hell out of me because they knew so much and some were really really young. (there was a kid right next to us who KNEW everything! scary in a way...but I guess if you were to put me in front of THE SOUND OF MUSIC or ANNE OF GREEN GABLES it would be alarming to the common fan.) Yes... so I think this definitely might become a weekly summer ritual cause it was a completely AWESEOME experience, the crowd wasn't too big and hello.. it was FREE! (*um.. except for parking.. thats $8... but just as long as you carpool.. its ALL GOOD.)

No comments: