Monday, July 01, 2002

So rather than be entirely bored at home... suffering in the heat in front of the computer... I decided to do something. Today was an offical "Nicole's vacation from EVERYTHING AND THEIR MOTHERS DAY." Well... I guess you could say that everyday had been like that this summer since I've been doing nothing but work and read... but I guess this one was different? Or maybe I'm just overdramatizing the whole thing so that it makes my life somewhat more interesting than it really is? I dunno.. interpret is as you want. For me, it was a vactaion day... to you, its was Monday. hooray. problem solved.

:)

SO on this vacation day (er... Monday), I drove over to Pasadena to go visit the Norton Simon Museum. :) YAY ART! Before I had left, Carlene had asked me if I was going with anyone... I replied. "Nope. I'm going all by myself." To that she questioned..."What happened to all your friends?" Well... I like to think I do have my friends... but usually when I do go out on my little "outings" I like to be by myself so that I don't have to entertain anyone just only myself. I can leave when I like... look at what I want to look at.. stare at a picture for 30 minutes without any interruptions.... Probably its selfish of me... but I think its just common sense... especially since it was a vacation day.

*note* if you do go to Norton Simon... make sure you read the admission prices before you go. I had already paid my $6 when I got in... (and really $6 isn't BAD at all) but then later while passing by the admissions window over again I realized I had failed to see the giant FREE WITH STUDENT ID sign. Oh curses...

The day at the museum was great. :) Nice... quiet... peaceful... everything you can expect from going to a museum. For a good 30 minutes, I had stowawayed with a tour group... but I was feeling rushed so I ditched them. (see... it all makes sense that I do this on my own huh..) While on my own, I had a grand ole time just staring... and reading... and staring again. :)

Soon enough... the museum was closing and they were kicking me out of my my little world of art happiness. At least NOW I know that I can get in for FREE! ;P Curses...

But in the end.. the day was terriffic. :) I even got a free print! Whoohoo! Had a little ME time and I got to go out and breath some of that fresh LA air. (insert smartass remark about air here.. depending on where you are from.)

No comments: