Saturday, July 27, 2002

My favorite Uncle Sonny is here visiting from Seattle! :) Yaaaayy! He's the "crazy" one of all my mom's brothers and sisters... and honestly it takes a lot to be known as the "crazy" one among that bunch. Yesterday, I guess he was calling the house and ringing the doorbell, but I didn't hear anything. What I did hear was the garage door open and close, so I assumed it was mom. About 15 minutes later, my mom hadn't entered the house yet and I heard (finally) the doorbell ring... well there in the living room was my crazy Uncle Sonng, lurking in the shadows with his video camera. OK. Well I screamed bloody muder because this is the number one thing I'm afraid of (men lurking in my house with a video camera... *shudder*) and for one heart stopping moment, I thought I was going to die. Really. I did.

Anyways, he's here and I'm alive. :) He brought down all sorts of goodies for the house and now the next 2 weeks will consist of putting together the furniture and little nickknacks and completing the house. He gave my mom some name placard to put in the doorway that said "Welcome... Lynn and Matt," so that if people were to come over, they'd ask who's Matt? And so my mom can quirp in a smartassed manner... "what you're standing on... the Welcome mat." (cricket sounds) Ok.. It wasn't that funny... and in fact it wasnt too funny when he told us his plans for it... but hey, it was something kinda interesting.

Uncle Sonny: So you girls out to tonight??
Carrie: We're going to go meet and find us some boys..
Nicole: Yeah... you want anything?
Uncle Sonny: Just recycle.

No comments: