Wednesday, July 03, 2002

I finally let my imagination get the best of me today... and it wasn't pretty.

You know how I already whine about how I don't like to be alone at work and how I scare myself with horrendeous thoughts of getting abducted and who knows what will happen to me...

SO today, I was working at the shop all by myself (as usual) when suddenly... out of the corner of my eye... I see someone walk through the door. Well, paranoid and crazy me starts screaming bloody muder... but then I realize.. its my boss Brandi. She's terrified... I'm freaked... but everyone is fine and dandy. Whooo... I wasn't kidnapped! :)

Hmmmm... you know whats getting on my nerves... that one car commerical... I think its for NISSAN... or FORD... i dunno.. one of those car companies... but in the commerical, theres this guy and he's working in an office... and his boss gives him a package and tells him to deliver it to FARGO. So this guy jumps into his car and drives all the way to FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA... where when he gets there he realizes that FARO is some coporate man who works in the same building. So he drives back and delivers the package... and is given another package.. this time its addressed to VEGAS. And off he goes.. driving into the desert... and there is where I get irked. OK.. so he realized the FIRST TIME that the package was supposed to go FARGO the man.. not FARGO the city... and you'd think that he would learn his lesson and figure out that theres VEGAS the man.. and not to go to VEGAS the city... its just lame. If I were that guy's boss... I'd fire him for being a numskull. And hello... yes.. I'm sure the car is great... but how great is it if you're showing this total idiot driving it... are we telling the audience that its ok to be a complete flake just as long as you drive this car? This car is special for those who don't know where they are going? I dunno... it just confuses me.

OH you know what else gets on my nerves?? RICK DEES. I swear.. he's been bugging me ever since the 5th grade when dad would drive Carlene and I to Holy Name in the morning and would insist that we listen to him. He really isnt funny. I seriously want to slit my writs after he starts talking. I know I know... I can easily change the station... but it has come to the point where I dislike the guy so much that I pretty much use his bad jokes as ammunition to dislike him even more. And when I finally decide that I can't take it anymore... thats when I pop in a CD. ITs one thing to drive along to morning radio... but its utter torchure to WAKE UP to him on the clock radio. OH EVIL EVIL EVILNESS.

Ok.. enough with the negativity. :) Actually I'm very happy because I did some research and discovered the following bargains for the summer of things to do.
1) The Huntington Library has free admission on the first Thursday of every month. (not this month cause its the 4th and they're closed.) BUT even without the free admission... its $7 for students which is still pretty darn good.
2) LACMA has free admission on the second Tuesday of each month.
3) Citywalk: Thursday nights, they have this drive-in movie deal thingie... where it really isn't a drive in, but its a movie shown on their super jumbotron and we can bring blankets and camp out there and watch. Next week.. its WEST SIDE STORY... and the week later.. its LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS. On Saturday nights... they have various dree dancing... like this weekend.. its free Salsa dancing at the Rhumba room... next... I think its Swing.
4) Media City Center in Burbank: Its another outdoor free movie night... but on Wednesday nights. Next week.. its FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF... the week after its ICE AGE.. and after that its TOP GUN.
5) MOCA: Thursday nights from 5-8 they have free outdoor concerts. Nice to kick back and listen... They also have a Warhol exhibit there that I want to see... but that costs money... but hey... with all the free stuff out there.. I really don't mind at this point.
Sooo.. if anyone wants to go play... tell me! :)

*oh.. and for those who want to go all free and completely GHETTO... remember COSCO always has free sample that you can munch off of. *

No comments: