Friday, July 05, 2002

Today... was the worst wedding experience ever...

*note to self... next time you decorate an outdoor wedding, remember to wear your sunscreen. OH. And bring LOTS of insect repellent. ;P

So, the site today was at this goregous house over in Lake Elsinore. We were to decorate the backyard with some drapery, twinkle lights, and flowers... Brandi said we would be there for 2-3 hours... but she lied big time. It was more like a good 8 hours.

Did I mention that it was F'in HOT!?!?

Anyways, my first task of the day sounded simple.. and for awhile I thought I was rather lucky because I just had to put twinkle lights in the garden inside the patio... so I thought... "hey.. anything is better than working in the SUN!" SO there I was... lost amid a tangled mess of twinkle lights. But I was a happy little camperette... until I was continiously attacked by flies, bees, wasps, and pretty much anything that had wings and buzzed. IT WAS THE WORST ever... an hour of waving my arms like a lunatic and just throwing lights into trees haphazardly... I was almost done and loosing my patience. (not to mention a lot of blood) luckily, I got the stamp of approval from Brandi and my lights were hunky dory.

*looking at the pool*
nicole: gosh.. that looks so good right now...
brandi: ok nicole.. I'll push you in... and then I can pretend to help you out and thats when you pull me in too. ITS PERFECT!

*talking to the father of the bride about the business*
brandi: One day I hope to grow bigger so then I can get a lot of assistants.
nicole in the backround makes a happy squeal of happiness
brandi: nicole... its not too bad. How about I give you a 5 cent raise and make that payment of yours a flat $5.
nicole: oh brandi... you're too good to me.
brandi: i know.. speaking of.. what do you want for lunch? I got a stick of gum in the car...

Yep... my boss is pretty darn cool.. so at least the whole day wasn't completely wretched.

We took a lunch break... but got lost cause Lake Elsinore is incredibly boonie (WAAYY more boonie that Chino Hills)... so we decided to follow the Dominos' pizza car and just pray that it was going back to the store. We ended up on some dirt road and realized that maybe we were following him during a delivery. blah. So we followed a Stater Bros truck and right next to the grocery... was a DEL TACO. Sustenance!

Moving on... the rest of the day wasn't as insect infested... but it was gosh darn hot. 4 hours in... Brandi realizes that she DOES have sunblock... but I don't think it mattered anymore. BLAH.

ANYWAYS.. so how was your 4th of July?

you:


HOW COOL! :)

Mine was quite dandy. Spent the day here at home with mom and Carlene where I cleaned and mom bbq'ed... and then later on that night, the three of us when to Whittier to go watch the firework show. OOOOOOOOOO fireworks. :) It was a blast! (a "blast!" hee hee hee) Actually, we didn't make it inside the park in time so we watched it on the street where all the car alarms were going off around us. Met up with everyone... chatted a bit... and then was kidnapped to go to D&B for Ryan's birthday. Sucky thing is that we went to the one in Irvine, but Mikie, Lan, and Ryan were over at the one in Orange. *oh duh* Well we got there finally and I learned how to play table shuffleboard... and then Carrie and I went crazy with this one cool game where you had to hit the button on a certain time... its hard to explain but it GAVE a hella lot of tickets. :) OH... also learned this *double double ice ice double double cream cream* game from Lan. :) OH FUN!

No comments: