Sunday, June 23, 2002

Wow. LONG and tiring weekend. Mostly work. At night... played with friends and family. But yeah... it was mostly work.

Friday: Irvine Hilton. Spent the morning in the HOT and HUMID tent at the site. Oh my gosh... I seriously thought I was going to die it was so icky inside that thing. Had a pole crash down on my head. But the room looked absolutely beautiful. Really... Twinkle lights can make anything pretty. Afterwards, rushed home (not really RUSH due to ANNOYING traffic on the 91. I'm getting used to the 91... so when I see that the fastrak fee is over $3... then I know I'm screwed.), cleaned up and then went to Downtown Disney for dinner. Oh interesthing stuff....

Saturday: Met up at the shop for finishing touches on the flowers for the Ontario wedding... then drove over to Ontario Doubletree to set up. :) Spent 3 hours on my knees (don't go thinking your pervy thoughts Melissa!) tieing sashes to 220 chair covers. Luckily the ballroom had airconditioning so I really didn't mind. Actually, this wedding suprised me because when I was preparing the flowers... I thought that the bride was a bit psycho for her colors (pink, purple, fusha, and burgandy)... but in the end, it all came out really really well. Interesting. Anyways, afterwards, came home, cleaned up and drove over to Melissa's... and then over to Lisa's. :) I swear, I miss those girls so much... we should have camped out at Tams.... Anyways, I got to tell her my BIG news about an old "friend" of hers...and she told us her BIG news about an old "friend" of ours. (OH MY GOD!) We kidnapped Lisa and brought her over to Pico Rivera for Tita Choling's birthday party. I swear, those two... you'd think after how many years of attending these Concepcion functions.. they'd be used to everything by now. ;) The plates AND crazy drunkard Tito Romy speaking in tongue. ;) Brought Lisa back home and went to Blockbusters to rent Mariah Carey's "GLITTER" just for shits and giggles...

nicole: *smirking* soooo.. how many people have rented this movie?
blockbuster dude: Um... not really a lot. It's been out since January!
nicole: Oh my gosh... so if it doesn't come back... its not like you're going to miss it huh?
blockbuster dude: not really.
melissa: Is it free? At least you're not paying us to rent it.

came home and Carrie came over... and sadly enough... REALLY SADLY ENOUGH... We liked it. OH. AND WE ALL started to cry in the end. :( (I can't believe the end. I felt like I was cheated emotionally... WHHHHYYY!! *um... I hope I didn't ruin anything for you if you really wanted to watch it.*) Honestly, Mariah Carey wasn't SOOOO bad... Denise Richards is BAD. Mariah wasn't oscar worthy... but shes no Denise Richards. OH MY GOSH. DID I JUST SAY I WATCHED "GLITTER" AND LIKED IT? ;P No really.. I was pretty ok. Its better than CORKY ROMANO thats for sure. Yeah... so everyone must hold hands and support Mariah... ;) Get the "GLITTER" soundtrack! Drove Melissa back home and stayed up till like 6am just chatting with Carrie.. *boys of course... amongsts other things... ;)*

And so now I am blogging. ;) Today... I'll probably go to Holy Name for mass... but I'm not sure about my dinner plans for tonight because I think I need to spend some QT here at home mom and Carlene... but we'll see. I hate cancelling things at the last minute... *sigh*

No comments: