Wednesday, June 26, 2002

And so my summer of work and complete nerd-dom has offically started. Actually, all my summers are usually pretty nerdy. I stay at home and I get into my books. Rereading my favorite ones and rewatching movies that were made from books... you gotta love A&E. The past few days, I've been living in this imaginary world of kindred spirits and love... :) I just bought the ANNE OF GREEN GABLES movies at Walmart so I've this super exicted nerd who knows every line and drools over the way Gilbert says "I'm sORry". *sigh* Carlene (althought she probably won't admit it) and I used to watch this movie ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY when we were younger...and back in the day when VHS videos were expensive... I would just borrow it from the San Dimas library and watch it. Well, that was until I got fed up of returning it... so then I learned how to connect the 2 VCRS and copy the movies... unfortunantly, the picture on MY bootleg copy was so bad... it would go from EXTREME brightness to EXTREME darkness... but oh wells.. I have my very own copy now!! *YAY*

Did I mention that Jonathan Crombie as Gilbert is absolutely ADORABLE!!?!? I swear... I've loved him since I was 10 years old...

So I'm in this very happy lovey dovey mood. :) I swear... the movies and books always make me HAPPY not to mention feeling incredibly girly. :) There are so many parts that just make my heart flutter and teary-eyed... its so special... Even if I'm in the next room and I'm not watching it but can hear it... I know whats going on onscreen and I'll get emotional. :) Silly nerdy me. Its my summer goal to get all the books again because I believe my dad threw all my whole ANNE series away a while back. Sad huh...

I predict that I'll be obsessed with Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy and PRIDE AND PREJUDICE next week. :) THAT ONE I copied off of the TV when they first showed it... its so ghetto it still has commerical breaks.

No comments: