Thursday, June 20, 2002

So while I was out to dinner earlier tonight... I got a call from my mom who was having a shit fest because my bathroom shower drain was clogged. She proceeded to yell at me because it was of my carelessness about my hair that had caused it to be clogged. SHES CRAZY I TELL YOU. She wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise to let me explain that I had known about the clog, had been fighting it as much as I could with a wire hanger, and how I was waiting for it to drain entirely so that I can try out some of the remedys that I had found online. (a mixture of hotwater, vinegar, and baking soda) nor would she let me forget the fact that it was because of my irresponsibility that had cause the entire world to end. SO on the way home I stopped at Walmart to find a quickie-fix its. (oh and let me add got picked up by scary 40ish man who offered to show me his "pipe" EWWWW) I purchased one hair removing tool, a generic draino, a funnel, and a PEOPLE magazine (50 hottest Bachelor's edition. ;)) When I got home... I tried the hair tool.. and what do you know... it doesnt work because there isn't any hair. :P Fortunantly, the generic draino does it job within 30 minutes and I am a happy little wanna-be plumber. (not to mention immensely relieved. In her angry rant, she told me that it was my duty to call a plumber and to pay for the $100 hour that he would charge.) On the other hand, I'm sure that when I come face to face with her tomorrow... she'll still be pissy and will find another reason to yell at me. My guess it will be because ever since the dawn of time my room has been messy and why in tarnations can't I just be an obedient girl and clean. "You are a young lady... please present yourself and your room like one of a young lady's." OH wait... no thats my DAD's million dollar speech...

Perhaps I am the one who is amiss with everything at home. I really am the irresponsible one. There is a reason for her to yell at me... But I guess it just irks me that I've heard it so much and as much as I say I've changed... maybe in actuality, I really haven't. Man... thats sad.

No comments: