Saturday, June 01, 2002

:) I'm all red and sunburnt from the sun.. but oh wells. :)

Today, pretty much spent the day down in Long Beach... because 1) Emily was graduating (walking but really graduating is graduating) and 2) it was Laura's birthday. So I drove down there early so that I can make some confetti at Lauras. :) We went ABSOLUTELY crazy with the confetti... we FILLED a shopping paperbag with it. We went over to CSULB and found Emily and mad leied her... ;) Later on as she was walking with all the other graduates... we were going CRAZY throwing confetti into the air. The thing is that the wind was going against us.. and while we lightly sprinkled the graduates... we were covered with all that damn confetti. Confetti on my clothes... confetti in my hair... confetti in my BRA... confetti in my shoe.. confetti sticking on my skin... it wasn't very pleasant. hahaha.. but it was damn fun. We actually emptied our bag.. and when the graduates were in their seats... we did the ghetto thing and picked it up again... HEY! Its RECYCLING!!

The ceremony was nice... LONG.. but nice. It was hot and sunny... and not a lot of shade. :/ We didn't see Steven Speilburg... he graduated at 9am... we were there at 1. Afterwards they marched out again.. (MORE CONFETTI!) and we met up with Emily's family. We finally met her boyfriend, Larry, who's adorable. ;) Took lots and lots of pictures... and then went to the reception for some food.

Well I mentioned that it was Laura's birthday... so Vivian, Melody, and I took her out to dinner over at this Mexican restaurant in front ot Live Bait... it was so hilarious... we were planning that for whoever would graduate next... instead of giving candy or flower leis... we'd make FOOD leis. You know... put in some soda... maybe a can of corn beef... spam... a lunchable... etc... since the ceremonies are so long and the graduate would get hungry eventually. That idea actually branched into more inventive ideas that involved George Formen grills, a tent, and opening a club called "CLUB WILDERNESS:".. but its just something you should have been there to get. ;)

Later on.. it was time. We needed to watch the Laker game... so we drove over to Yankee Doodle and watched it there... WOW. KICK ASS GAME. The whole place was going crazy... YEEP. :P LAKERS BABEEEEE!!

Went back to Laura's place where her roomies already had a party going.. and chilled there where Emily and Larry met us up. HAHAHA... it wasn't your usual girl interrogating... it was more of us girls asking him if he had any friends.

Laura: Soooo... Larry you got any friends I can meet?
Nicole: Yeah... anyone who would be interested in a frisky gemini?
Larry: Hmmmm... actually I do... but they're like married already.
Vivian: Do you have any nerdy friends? I like nerdy guys?
Larry: Well... I have single friends... but...
Vivian: ... there's a reason why they are single?
Larry: Yeah. I was looking for a nice way to say it.
Vivian: that was a nice way.. I said it with a smile.

Laura: Soooooo.. Larry how about these friends of yours?
Nicole: Why don't you have a mixer or something... you invite your single friends and we'll come over...
Laura: HAHA. Yeah right... like we're going to sit down in a circle with name tags and Larry is going to explain to us the first ice breaker.

Gosh... we're sounding pretty desperate arent we? HAHAH.. nah.. its more like jealous cause Emily is glowing and we just want a bit of that glow on our own faces. (and it doesn't mean you're sunburnt.) But we're happy for her.. :)

Anyways... I still have confetti in my clothes and its itching like crazy. I'm gonna go take care of that.

No comments: