Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I've come to the conclusion that my fingers are possessed. I'll sit at the piano... and once my fingers hit the keys, they're off and I really have no idea what I'm playing and how I'm playing it. But my fingers, they know. They know how to play Fur Elise somewhat effortlessly and I'm left staring at my hands and wondering how the hell this is happening! It must be all the years of sitting at the piano next to my dad and crying because he's screaming at me to play again! "AGAIN! AGAIN!" The music has embedded itself in my brain... except now instead of being stressed and hating the instrument, I'm having fun, loving it, and actually grateful for all those lessons.. from crazy filipino teachers who used to pound my finger onto the correct note, "three old bears" notes with the old woman, to my very last teacher who taught me how to properly read "emotions" within the music. OH! Even the ones with that one teacher who refused to wear deodorant. (The living room used to smell even after he left it was that bad. Ew.)

Anywas, things are a bit hectic at work. Its all due to the fact that we have 3 weddings this weekend... one of which will have cameras taping because the coordinator we're working with is one that's being featured on the Style Network's "WHOSE WEDDING IS IT ANYWAYS" Its actually pretty exciting. I need to make sure my workshirt is spic and span clean and I hope I don't trip or fall off of a pillar or something. That would be embarrassing and although I don't have the Style Network here at home, I'm sure others do and well... I rather have my 15 minutes of fame doing something worthy like saving the world or being the one to nab that elusive Hollywood beefcake than being stupid girl who fell off a pillar onto a wedding cake and ruining a $50,000 day.

...cause that would suck.

No comments: