Friday, May 21, 2004

3 hours??

The groomer said Penelope would be done in 3 hours.

I'm having some separation anxiety being apart from my dog.

The thing is that I've left her home alone many a time and at first, it was painful to hear her whimper as I walked away from her. At least now, we have an agreement that I'm going to come back home.

This time now, I'm leaving her with someone else... for 3 hours. What if they hurt her? What if they accidentally cut her because she moved while they're giving her a trim? What if she gets freaked out, teams up with the other dogs and plans an OCEAN'S 11-esque doggie escape and runs away? WHAT IF SHE COMES HOME KNOCKED UP BECAUSE SHE ISN'T SPRAYED!?!

The groomer asked if she had her rabies shot. Of course she's had her rabies shot! HAVE YOU!?

Me: Is this going to hurt her?
Groomer: Noo... its like going to a spa. She'll enjoy it.
Me: Okay... you'll be ok Penelope
Penelope cuddles in my arms.
Me: Alright...
I put her on the counter and the groomer takes her
Penelope: (whimpers) WHAT!? YOU'RE LEAVING ME?
Me: Bye Penelope.... bye! Bye baby! Bye!! Byee!! Penelope... bye! I'm coming back! CALL MY CELL PHONE WHEN YOU'RE DONE!! BYE!

2 hours and 45 minutes to go.

No comments: